Multilayer co-extrusion film manufactured in thicknesses between 30 and 50 microns for the disinfection of agricultural land using the technique of solarization.
This can be used in Greenhouses, Tunnels and on open fields.
Improvements added to the product
- More thermal product, taking advantage of the long infrared radiation, that is, the energy the land emits during the night is retained and used. This way we avoid cooling effect which takes place at night when the solar energy is not present.
- Resistance to ultraviolet (UV) and chemical attacks (bio fumigation).
More information: DISINFECTION OF AGRICULTURAL SOILS BY USING SPECIAL PLASTICS
Plus d’informations: FILMS SPÉCIAUX POUR LA DÉSINFECTION DES SOLS AGRICOLES
Properties and Applications
Pathogenic organisms within the soil can affect crops, and decrease harvests. We can use either chemical products or the solarization to disinfect the ground.
The technique known as “Solarization” combines the benefit of solar energy with the technology of our plastic films. It is an ecological and economic technique, and prevents the effect of harmful chemicals on cover films.
Advices for good solarization
- Remove all previous crops to prevent infections.
- Ensure an adequate level surface to maintain good contact between film and land.
- After placing Special Solarization Film, irrigate the ground at night or early morning to obtain good thermic transmission.
- Before planting, it is advisable not to disturb the soil lower than 25-30cms, to avoid infected earth.
- If solarization is to take place inside a greenhouse, the house must be closed and the cover film clean to ensure optimum temperature and radiation.
- Most pathogenic organisms have a limited life over 40ºC. A good solarization needs to support higher temperatures for better results. The film properties are an important factor to obtain a high temperature.
It reaches very high temperatures, which provides a greater efficiency of solarization.
It increases mortality of pathogenic organisms.
Reduces Solarization time (3-5 weeks)
Reduces the effect of condensation allowing a faster heating up of the ground and for a longer time.
Respects many of the beneficial organisms.